30 September, 2012

Furniture Design - Chair


PROOFF - EarChair

When it comes to furniture design, no doubt that chairs are always my favorite part. Therefore I focused on chairs much more than others in these two exhibitions. I do like classic design such as Finn Juhl (well I spent a rush week finishing his exhibition project but, unfortunately we didn't get this case, tragedy.), but I didn't expect to see any of classic design in London Design Week, in other words, I was looking forward to see some of avant-garde, multi-functional, or  even weirdo design. And I do find some interesting brands here to share so let's start from Gareth Batowski !



1. GARETH BATOWSKI FURNITURE

The first glance of this chair is like, nature but artificial, regular but also irregular. Generally I like wooden furniture but sometimes they give me a strong impression and I rarely connected them with cozy. However when I saw this chair, instead of just look through, I had a sit. Surprisingly it's quite fitted and leather elevated it's sense of modern.
  
 Interestingly, I went through his website and got a quote that I really admired.
"Absence is pivotal in nature’s beauty." I won't say I like all of his design on furniture but, apparently his spirit of freedom attract me.

2.  PROOFF

Worksofa

If you ask me which brands had me at hello, I'd say PROOF wins. In terms of multi-function, this series were fully deserved.  There are always the same chairs in the office of meeting room, and obviously people tend to arrange them in a regular way, however if you have this kind of chairs, then you may change it's combination anytime you want. To change the atmosphere of meeting, just start from rearrange your chairs ! How nice !

Sideseat


This must be the interested one which combined with desk and chair, and also designed to the blending of work or leisure, public or private. It also reminds me some of interior style in the Netherlands when I went there, and yes it designed by a Netherlands-based duo Studio Makkink & Bey. In addition, this design also allow you using your work space flexible, and its colour also based on light blue, brown and cream white, which also reminds me of sky, land and house in between. Very creative and modern, really appreciate it.

 *Sit table

   
Similar to it's chair's design, they also have a multi-functional table design, the only problem is that people get interference when they sit beside another group. Nevertheless it's still an interesting design for the office furniture.


Official website :
GARETH BATOWSKI FURNITURE  http://www.garethbatowski.co.uk
PROOFF http://www.prooff.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment